National Poetry Month Day 9: Inspired by a question This…
Day 8: June 7
Instead of responding to a prompt, I am going to take this day to reflect on the past 7 days of writing.
I think it is very important to take a break, review your writing, think back on your attitude, and reflect or make goals.
Here are some things I have learned about myself as writer:
- 10 minutes of writing is not enough, but is a good start.
- I need a scheduled time to write.
- I get stuck and run out of ideas often.
- I like to free write just as much as I like prompts.
- Prompts take more time to start.
- It is okay to read others’ writing on a prompt before beginning my own. I sometimes need some inspiration.
- I really do enjoy writing each day.
Here are my goals:
- Make a schedule. I think I am going to write each morning for 10 minutes as soon as I wake. I usually read at this time, but I think I would do better with my writing at this time. I can read other times of the day.
- To write for more than 30 minutes one day a week.
- To post each day. (I missed two days! But, I got caught up!)
- To read others’ writings each day.
How is your writing coming along? Any tips or suggestions for me?
Thanks for reading!