I am very excited to start the first ever Extreme…
3rd Quarter Reading
We have started the second half of the school year and now have a quarter long reading goal instead of a monthly one.
3rd Quarter reading
- Due March 8. There are 45 school days and 63 total days (counting weekends) to read.
- Students have made goals, listed books to read, figured out how many pages they need to read a day, and decided if they need to read on the weekends.
- Graphic novels-students may count 1 for full page numbers. After that, each one counts as half.
- Abandoned books– students may count page numbers of one abandoned book. They must write a blog post in why they quit the book.
- Students must complete a blog post for each completed book. The list of blog post choices is here.
- Students are encouraged to read at home and blog at home. If you don’t have access to a computer, you can handwrite your post and type at school.
Helpful tips for blog posts:
- Write the date you start and page numbers immediately. Write when you finish as soon as you can.
- Write thoughts and notes on post-it’s or in your journal as you read. Keep all of the notes from each book together so you can write your post easier.
- Complete blog posts after you finish a book and before you start your next book.
Remember, you may change your goal up until 3 days before it is due. You need to conference first.