365 Days of Wonder September 19, 2017 This quote is…
#bookaday Week 1
I have posted about Donalyn Miller’s #bookaday summer reading challenge here and here.
I am very excited to participate for the first time this year. My goal is 73 books (May 19-July 31) and I know what you are thinking. 73 books is impossible. (That’s what I thought anyway!) But that’s not the point. The point is to keep me reading and keep me motivated.
I also have a goal to build my daughter’s reading stamina. We read each night, but I want to build up how long she sits with a book and listens to me read. We have started some chapter books (with pictures) and so far it’s helping. I am counting the books I read to her as well.
So, do I think I can make 73? I think I’ll get close. What will I do if I meet my goal? Book store shopping spree!
Each week, I am posting a recap of how I am doing on my goal. I am including all books I’ve read, ranging from picture books to middle grade books. I am also including page numbers for some books because I am reading two hefty nonfiction books that may take all summer to read. I would like to see how I progress each week with those as well because they take me longer to read.
Without further ado, my apologies for the lengthy post, here is my progress!
Week 1: May 19-May 26
Total books read: 4/73
- The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo (children’s and middle grade book)
- I’m a Dirty Dragon by Janeen Brian (picture book)
- My Father’s Dragon by Ruth Stiles Gannett (children’s book)
- Elmer and the Dragon by Ruth Stiles Gannett (children’s book)
- Beartown by Fredrik Backman
- Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow (page 239-252)
- A People’s History of the United States by Howard Zinn (page 100-165)
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer (audiobook)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by JK Rowling (screenplay)
- The Dragons of Blueland by Ruth Stiles Gannett (children’s book)
If you are interested in joining he #bookaday challenge, comment below! I’d love to follow your journey!
Happy reading and happy blogging!
Thanks for reading.