3 Little Known or Interesting Things About You 1 I…
Today was our first Book Tasting of the year. This is my all-time favorite “lesson.” I get cheesy, I am excited, and so are the kids!
If you want to know more about Book Tastings, head over to Head Over Heels For Teaching’s blog or her Teacher Pay Teacher.
Here are some pictures from our tasting:
But the best part? What the students had to say after it was all over. Here are some of my favorite comments:
- I read types of books I never thought I would read.
- I always love being introduced to new books, so today in ELA, it was fun!
- I didn’t expect to like some books and I enjoyed reading the books.
- I enjoyed finding new books in different genres to make me find things I might like that I thought I wouldn’t.
- I will definitely be going to Barnes and Noble to buy Ugly and Love, Aubrey!
- I enjoyed being in a restaurant.
- It was cool. I found a book called Solo and I really can’t wait to read the rest of it.
- I liked that we got to read the whole time.
- I like the idea of a book tasting. It is a good and fun way to learn about new books.
- I absolutely love book tasting, and not just for popcorn.
- I hope we do this again later on in the year.
- What I liked most was trying new things and hearing other people’s opinions.
- I liked being introduced to new books because I would’ve never found these books in a library.
- I love it when you tell us a little bit about the book.
See what I mean? If you have not done a book tasting. Do it now. Ask your librarian, if you have one, to help gather some books. I threw some in from my classroom library as well.
When you are finished, raffle off first dibs and GET THE BOOKS IN THEIR HANDS. They will read them. Immediate access is important, keep the hype up.
If you do a book tasting, let me know how it goes!