Counting B y 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan Publication Date:…
I recently had a really awesome and interesting interview with children’s author Jacqui Shepherd (check it out here!) and right after that, her newest book Goo on my Shoe became available for my Kindle! I knew I had to check it out, and I am so glad I did.
Here is what I enjoyed about this adorable children’s book:
- The rhyming! I am a sucker for books that rhyme. It is so fun to read aloud and when they have a good beat, I remember them better. This book had a great beat.
- It was so funny and something we can all relate to.
- Personal connections: I always remember my mom being able to get ANYTHING out of EVERYTHING! Stains, gum, anything at all and she was like Wonder Woman swooping in to save the day. After having my daughter, I turned to my mother-in-law because she was a master at getting the stains out of the baby clothes that were too stubborn for me. Now that I am a mother, I hope that I can be the same Wonder Woman for my daughter.
- The Ending! Loved it!
- The simple illustrations on a white background that also showed great emotion.
- The theme of trying to solve problems and not letting your frustration get in your way-but also that sometimes you have to have help and it is okay!
This book will be in my list to choose to buy for new parents and for birthdays. I encourage you to check it out too and if you do, let me know what you think! Buy your copy on Amazon!
Thank you Jacqui for your interview and for sharing your stories with the world.