Book #8 for my Labor Day Weekend #picturebookfrenzy. Thank you…
My summer schedule with my four year old is taking some getting used to. We are much more active than last summer and she doesn’t take as many naps. I depended on those naps for reading time! So, my personal reading is not as voracious and I am finding that I am needing to be more creative with my reading time.
Some ways to cram more reading in during my day include having my Kindle or book with me at all times (I could read on my phone, and do sometimes, but I don’t like to look like I am on my phone a lot around her), read while she eats or watches tv, read in the mornings before she wakes (although she wakes super early!), and reading as much before bed. I am also embracing audiobooks more than I have before.
How do you get more reading time in to your daily life?
My post with a list of all of the books I have read is here.
Total books: 11/73
Week 3: June 3-June 9
- The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen (I have about 40 pages)
- A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan (adult)
- The Book Whisperer: Awakening the Inner Reader in Every Child by Donalyn Miller
- Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow (page 252)
- A People’s History of the United States by Howard Zinn (page 165)
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer (audiobook)
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman