The #LitReviewCrew wishes Yoon Ha Lee a very, happy birthday…
What I Learned
I learned many things from challenging myself to read a book a day this summer.
- I made more time to read throughout the day.
- I used all kinds of media to read my books: audiobooks, Kindle, phone, and physical books.
- I find true happiness when I walk into the library with my daughter to find books.
- I can read audiobooks successfully (I struggle sometimes).
- I can enjoy audiobooks (again, I have struggled in the past).
- My daughter and I reread a lot of books (which I didn’t count).
- I began devoting twenty minutes each night to reading books to my daughter. She is four and we have started some chapter books. I am loving it!
- I have read the Chronicles of Narnia series, completely.
- I learned to abandon books a little quicker.
My Favorite Memories
- Visiting the library with my daughter.
- Reading her first chapter book, My Father’s Dragon.
- Reading The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller in a day and becoming inspired to start my school year.
My Favorite Books
- My Father’s Dragon: My daughter’s first chapter book!
- The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller (reading teachers out there, this is a MUST READ!)
- The Shadow Lands by Elizabeth Kostova
- Beartown by Frederik Backman
- The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen
- Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D Taylor
I definitely enjoyed this challenge. My daughter will be five next summer and I know that we will embrace this challege together again. I am excited to challenge her the summer she learns to read. I must wait a little longer.
It was a great summer of reading!