#bookaday The #bookaday challenge from Donalyn Miller is over. My goal…
Here are some things I have learned from participating in Readathons:
- Have a variety of books on hand. Short books. Long books. Graphic novels. Picture books. Books on your phone. Books on your Kindle or Nook or Tablet. Books in your purse. Books in every room. Books everywhere.
- Find your reading flow. I do better when I can read for 10-20 minutes at a time rather than trying to carve out a larger chunk of time. For me, since I have a little one, it’s harder to sit down for hours on end. But, maybe it’s easier for you to dedicate chunks of time. Do what works for you.
- Set a reasonable goal. A goal for you. It’s also okay to change that goal or not meet it. Do not compare yourself to other readers. Sometimes life happens and you cannot read as much as you’d like. It’s okay.
- Have fun. We all read for fun, so a Readathon should be just that-fun. It should not be stressful.
- Read books you love. You will have more fun if you enjoy the book you are reading.
- Take breaks and meet other readers on social media. There are so many readers out there, so find them!
- Listen to audiobooks. Give your eyes a break. Take a walk.
What tips would you add?