Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by JK Rowling, John…
Golden Domes and Silver Lanterns: A Muslim Book of Colors By Hena Khan and Illustrated By Mehrdokht Amini
Magnificently capturing the colorful world of Islam for the youngest readers, this breathtaking and informative picture book celebrates Islam’s beauty and traditions. From a red prayer rug to a blue hijab, everyday colors are given special meaning as young readers learn about clothing, food, and other important elements of Islamic culture, with a young Muslim girl as a guide. Sure to inspire questions and observations about world religions and cultures, Golden Domes and Silver Lanterns is equally at home in a classroom reading circle as it is being read to a child on a parent’s lap.Goodreads
My Thoughts While Reading
- Vocabulary: hijab, mosque, minaret, kufi, henna, eid, zakat, Quran, Ramadan, etc.
- The detailed artwork is beautiful
- “All of the colorful things we’ve seen make up the world of my faith, my deen.”
For the Class
- Great for social studies class-world religion, world history, cultures
- Writing: Write a color poem about something special in your family-religion, custom, food, holiday, etc.
You can view more about the titles I read during the Picture Book Frenzy on this page.